National PTA's Reflections Arts Program celebrates 50 years!
You can help ensure Reflections continues to inspire creativity and expression in children for the next 50 years. Donate today!
We are no longer accepting donations on this campaign, but there are other ways for you to support us today!
You can be a powerful voice for children!
For 50 years, National PTA's Reflections program has helped students explore their own thoughts, feelings and ideas, develop artistic literacy, increase confidence and find a love for learning that will help them become more successful in school and in life.
National PTA's cornerstone arts program engages nearly 300,000 students from all grade levels each year in categories like; dance, film, literature, music, photography and visual arts.
Art education is critical to a child's development and success:
- Under-served students show the greatest relative improvements when participating in arts programs like Reflections.
- Through movement, social interactions, emotional expression and application of skill, arts education provides an academic advantage to students.
- The arts provide safe learning environments where students take risks, explore ideas, express their individuality and support their peers in a positive way.
- Studies also find that students are more engaged, and teachers are more effective in arts-rich schools.
- Research shows that students who study the arts develop a sense of personal responsibility toward their communities and can positively affect the community social life through their artwork.
We invite your support of National PTA's Reflections program! Help us celebrate and spread the impact of the arts on children and families. Don't forget to post on social media to encourage your friends to join you in giving!